*Important* - When the next funding cycle is determined you will access our new online application, click on the "Sign Up" button at the top of this page to create a new user account. Once you have created an account you can log on to our site and begin the online application process.
If you received a grant from us during our previous funding cycle, please download and complete the grant report document by clicking here
Please email the completed grant report document to email@example.com
Please make sure that you have read the application checklist below to ensure that all aspects of the application process are met before submission.
Formatting Requirements: The following format parameters apply to the Cover Letter, Application Form, and Project Narrative sections of this application packet:
- Utilize a 12-point font.
- Margins should be set at no less that 0.75".
- Submit on 8.5 x 11 single-sided sheets of paper.
- With the exception of the cover letter, utilize standard white paper and black font.
1. Cover Letter (Limited to one, single-sided page on organization's letterhead)
The cover letter should be presented on one, single-sided sheet of the organization's letterhead and signed by the chief executive officer or board president. The cover letter should include the name of the project or program for which the application is being made, the amount being requested from the Three Rivers Foundation, and the timeframe in which the proposed project will be undertaken.
2. Application Form (Limited to two, single-sided pages)
Complete the application form. If you reproduce the application form, provide information in the same order as on the Three Rivers Foundation application form. Answer all questions. If a question does not apply to your organization or project, indicate with N/A.
3. Project Narrative (Limited to three, single-sided pages)
You may use the project/program narrative template provided by the Three Rivers Foundation or create your own. Applicants may choose how much space to allocate to each section, but address all areas and provide the information in the same order. Any information provided beyond the three-page limit will not be forwarded to the Trustees or otherwise considered.
- 3a. Applicant Overview: State your organization's name and briefly describe your organization's history, major accomplishments, and current programs and activities. Include your organization's adopted mission statement, geographic service area, and a description of the population your organization serves.
- 3b. Needs Statement: Describe the community need that your proposed project/program will address. Include any data that illustrates the extent of the need and a description of any other efforts being directed at meeting this need.
- 3c. Project/Program Proposal: Describe the project/program for which grant funds are being requested. At a minimum, included the following information:
-What are your project/programs goals and objectives?
-Describe the people, organizations, or groups that will benefit directly from this project/program.
-What are the timeline and key activities that will be undertaken to achieve these goals and objectives?
-What qualifications, capabilities, or collaborative partnerships are in place that will assist in your organization's abilities to undertake this project/program?
-How will you measure success and/or determine the impact of the completion of the project/program?
-What specifically will funding from the Three Rivers Foundation be used for?
- 3d. Sustainability: How will you sustain this project/program after the grand period is completed?
- 3e. Compatibility: Explain what makes your organization and this project/program a good fit for the Three Rivers Foundation's stated priorities and eligibility criteria (refer to information found in the tab titled "About the Foundation" on the Three Rivers Foundation website).
4. Project/Program Budget (Limited to one, single-sided page)
Utilize the project budget template provided by the Three Rivers Foundation or create your own single page project/program budget. Include at a minimum:
- Name of organization and project/program name for which grant funding is requested.
- An expense budget in table format that includes significant line items, total cost, and source of funding (Three Rivers Foundation or other revenue sources).
- Sources of "other revenue sources" and status (planned, pending, secured).
- Indicate if the proposed project/program is included in the organization's current budget.
Provide only the following attachments:
- Verification of tax-exempt status (IRS Advanced Ruling or written statement as a governmental agency)
- Board List (include name, area of expertise, primary affiliation, and email)
- Current Year Organizational Budget
- Copy of most recent audited financial statement or 990 tax form
- Other pertinent information: You may include up to, but no more than three, single-sided pages of additional information (letters of support, brochures, newspaper articles, etc.)